We released full details in our weekly newsletter yesterday (26th March 2020) including a breakdown of financial support from HM Government for charitable businesses.
Arts Council England emergency funding package:
£160 million is being made available by Arts Council England to cultural organisations and individuals. Ensure you sign up to Grantium by Monday 13rd April.
What does this mean for our museum or me as an individual?
- £50 million of this funding will be made available to organisations that are not in receipt of regular funding from Arts Council (non National Portfolio Organisations).
- £20 million is available to individuals working in the cultural sector, including museum practitioners, creative practitioners and freelancers.
What do I need to do?
- You need to sign up to Grantium – create a user account and your application profile as an organisation (if museum) or individual (if freelance museum practitioner) to be able to apply for these funds by Monday April 13rd at the latest. Please see the Grantium guidance on Arts Council’s website here
- If you already have a valid profile and account** for Grantium then now is a good time to check who has login details and if you can, add others to the account, to safeguard accessing this in the coming weeks.
- Further details about this funding will be announced next Monday 30th March
** This means you, or a person in your organisation will have created a user account and an applicant profile.
Following the announcement next week we will launch:
- New resources for writing funding applications tailored to these funds
- Support you with the new Arts Council England 10 year strategy ‘Let’s Create’
- The most recent sector data to help you make your case