If you are not already subscribed then sign up here for our regular news to support you during COVID-19 and in the future.
Museum reopening guidance
The Checklist covers nine Principles to inform decision making within your museum and take an informed approach to reopening.
These were designed to accompany the Coronavirus Covid-19 National Museum Director’s Council Good Practice Guidelines on Reopening Museums.
Further reopening guidance and webinars:
• Collections Trust have shared a guide from the Institute of Conservation (ICON) on ‘Waking up Collections’ post-lockdown, looking at conservation issues that might have occured during closure.• Watch this great video by Mauritshuis museum in the Netherlands, a fun and engaging way to welcome visitors back and advise them of how to visit safely.
• The Network of European Museum Organisations (NEMO) created a map giving an overview of European countries’ museum reopening plans, advice about security measures and their strategies.
Join our project tackling pests in the South West
We have launched Pest Partners with support from Historic England to help you identify, monitor and manage pests in your heritage collections.
- Working with our Collections Development Officer, Helena Jaeschke, you will be given pest management guidance, such as where and how to use pest traps and how to spot pest damage.
- You will also be provided with a free Monitoring & ID Kit and a Quarantine & Cleaning Pack and help to create a longer term Integrated Pest Management Plan.
- Open to any organisation with a collection open to the public (including archives, churches and historic houses).
Find out more about registering on our Pest Partners project page