We are delighted to have awarded eight museums in the south west funding under our Recovery Grants scheme.
The scheme, which is supported by Art Fund and Arts Council England, aims to support museums as they move forward on their road to recovery following recent events.
Grant recipients are:
- Bath Royal Literary and Scientific Institution, Bath
- Corinium Museum, Cirencester
- Museum of East Asian Art, Bath
- Mevagissey Museum, Cornwall
- Museum in the Park, Stroud
- Sidmouth Museum, Devon
- Topsham Museum, Devon
- Trowbridge Museum, Wiltshire
Projects include creating a virtual museum tour to engage online audiences; equipment to support schools and community outreach activity and those delivering virtual events programmes; in-gallery digital engagement and building improvements to support re-opening.
Apply for the second round of funding
Round Two is currently open for applications and is due to close at 12pm Wednesday 16th September 2020. We are looking for applications which support museums to:
- Adapt existing, or develop new, ways to connect with their community
- Purchase materials and equipment to improve or restart activity
- Support activity to assess the viability of and readiness for reopening
- Support the health and wellbeing of the paid, and volunteer, workforce through to recovery
- To enhance existing, or start new, digital activities
Applicants can apply for up to £10,000 to support their projects.
Deadline for Round Two: 16th September 2020.