We are pleased to have awarded a further 15 south west museums funding under Round 2 of our Recovery Grants scheme.
The scheme, which is supported by Art Fund and Arts Council England, supports museums as they move forward on their road to recovery following recent events.
Round 2 grant recipients are:
- Ashburton History Museum, Devon
- Community Heritage Access Centre (CHAC), Somerset
- Clifton Suspension Bridge, Bristol
- Dunkirk Mill Museum, Gloucestershire
- Lawrence House Museum, Cornwall
- Lyme Regis Museum, Dorset
- Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon, Devon
- Museum of British Surfing, Devon
- Museum of Gloucester, Gloucestershire
- Nature in Art, Gloucestershire
- Newton Abbot and GWR Museum, Devon
- Old Guildhall Museum and Gaol, Cornwall
- Portland Museum, Dorset
- Sturminster Newton, Dorset
- Tetbury Police Museum, Gloucestershire
Projects include developing school and community outreach programmes, creating podcast and radio broadcasts to access new audiences, support towards creating Covid-secure museum experiences, and a pop up museum and handling collection to reach isolated and disadvantaged communities.
To find out more about the Recovery Grants awards, and more about the projects, visit our Recovery Grants page.