Our Recovery Grant Scheme for 2021 is now open for applications
We are delighted to announce another round of Recovery Grants to support south west museums in 2021, with support from Art Fund. We know, from the many years of delivering small grants, how a small amount of investment can make a significant impact locally. The ongoing effects of the pandemic can mean that even small amounts of funding can make all the difference to our region’s museums.
Recovery Grants will provide simple, fast support to help museums to:
- Adapt or develop new ways to connect with and engage their community
- Purchase equipment and undertake activity to support readiness to reopen safely
- Invest in the health and wellbeing of their paid and volunteer workforce
- Enhance existing, or start new, digital activities to increase reach *
- Respond to the environmental emergency and reduce their environmental impact
*Applicants will be required to ensure their approaches meet current accessibility requirements related digital content and delivery. Please see our resource on website accessibility.
- Grants up to £10,000
- Available to museums and heritage organisations in the South West
- Priority will be given to organisations ineligible for, or unable to successfully access the other emergency packages and financial measures available to the sector
- Applications open now! Deadline Noon Monday 12 July 2021
Recovery is an ongoing process for the museum and heritage sector with many at different stages; some having been able to re-open in 2020, others seeking to re-open in 2021 and some for whom it is not feasible to re-open in the current climate. Our Recovery Grants are designed to be flexible no matter which stage your museum or heritage organisation is at.
We are looking for applications that respond to our scheme’s aims and will prioritise applications that place equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of their project or those that want to contribute to the green agenda as part of their recovery. We also welcome applications that wish to use recovery funding to test and explore new ways of working to provide a creative response to how their museum can continue to work with and for their communities.
Recovery Grants can fund a wide range of activity, apart from capital project costs and revenue costs such as salaries and general running costs.
Find out more and apply
Read our full guidance and briefing paper on the type of activity grants can support, along with the link to our online application form on our Grants pages.