Share how your museum is responding to the climate emergency.
The #MuseumCarbonStories social media campaign is your chance to join the Roots and Branches project. Join museums across England in taking action against climate change.
Share your #MuseumCarbonStories
On your museum’s social media we need you to share your climate activity – big or small. How are you addressing climate change using your collections, outside space or visitor activities?
Join the national social media #MuseumCarbonStories campaign with museums across England. Use the hashtag with your posts to raise awareness and celebrate the work you have been doing. Use any existing social media platform to share and feel inspired by others’ amazing work. Get involved and support a greener world for all.
Each week Museum Development teams will announce #MuseumCarbonStories themes to get you started.
The campaign started on 9th August and will run until 12th November 2021, the last day of COP26.
Need some inspiration?
Sign-up to our online ‘Environmental sustainability and museums’ event on the 1st November 2021 to learn more about the Carbon Literacy programme and how your museum can raise awareness of, and play a role in responding to, the climate emergency.
South West museums have already been sharing examples of great #MuseumCarbonStories:
- Museum in the Park have been sharing their monthly Sustainable Stories. They share what objects in their collection can teach us about sustainable living.
- Museum of British Surfing are suggesting books sold their shop on how to reduce plastic pollution on our beaches.
- Royal Cornwall Museum have opened Fragile Planet and Climate Conversations exhibitions. They feature climate themed public and community responses to objects from their collection.
- 23rd August: Water
- 30th August: Local (Green) Heroes
- 6th September: Changing Landscapes
- 13th September: From soil to plate
- 20th September: Greener travel
- 27th September: Sowing the seeds
- 4th October: Biodiversity and animal welfare
- 11th October: Green technology
- 18th October: Clean air and energy
- 25th October: Light bulb moments
- 1st November: What will we do first?!
- 8th November: What will we do next?!
Get in touch
If you have questions about the project please get in touch via our contact page.