SW Museum Skills Plus: Study Day: Exhibitions on a Shoe String
South West Museum development is pleased to be working with the Subject Specialist Network the Social History Curators Group (SHCG) to provide a Exhibitions Study Day, as part of the South West Museum Skills: Plus training programme.
This study day will help to provide you with inspiration, top tips, practical support and advice to be able to produce great exhibitions for under £1,000.
Study Day: Exhibitions on a Shoe String
Tuesday 26th February, 2019 10:00am– 5:00pm
Exeter Community Centre
Bookings managed by the Social History Curators Group.
Who should attend this event?
- If you have previous experience in creating exhibitions in a museum of heritage environment but are looking for support in how to do one on a smaller budget
- If you have previously created exhibitions on a budget but want to make sure the previously created exhibition and display materials you use are following collections care best practice.
- You want to make sure your exhibitions are accessible to all, but on a budget
This session is not designed for those who are seeking training in the principles of creating an exhibition and/or exhibition interpretation.
What will you learn?
- How to create an exhibition budget
- Creating sustainable exhibitions; protecting the environment and your budget
- Low cost ways to make your exhibitions accessible to support broader audience engagement
- How to keep your objects safe whilst on display
£20 for all museums in Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme in the South West ONS region and/or SHCG members
£50 Museums not within Arts Council’s Accreditation scheme in the South West ONS region or a non-Accredited site
Priority for bookings and the discounted rate is available to all museums in Arts Council England’s Accreditation scheme in the South West and to all SHCG members.
For any further questions or queries please email [email protected]
Bookings close at 5pm on Friday 25th January 2019 or when full – click here to book