Collections Care – Picking Up Where We Left Off
Tuesday 01 June 2021
10:00 – 12:00
This is an interactive session with our Conservation Development Officer, Helena Jaeschke – 15 places available.
About the Session:
Since the first lockdown in March 2020, many museums have had to place their normal routines on hold. This session will address how they can restart their collection care routines. It will include:
- The risks affecting museum collections
- How the situation may have changed during Lockdowns and periods with reduced staff (paid and volunteer)
- How to assess the situation in their museum and decide on priorities
- How to create a Collection Care Plan to address their museum’s needs
- How to implement their Plan
Who should attend?
This session is suitable for anyone working in a museum (paid or volunteer) who wants to know how to look after and work with the collection and how to plan for its survival. No previous experience or training is necessary.