Collections Online and Rights Management
Thursday 23rd July 2020 14.00-15.15
This will be a 1 hour, 15 minute online session via Zoom
The session will include:
1. Different platforms and channels for audience engagement:
- Museum website (different ways to present collections)
- Social media channels and various methods of engagement / storytelling
- Examples of third party sites for widening your reach
2. Rights associated with using your collections online:
- An introduction into rights management associated with online collections.
- Practical suggestions for how to embed rights management within your collections online practice
The session is for:
This session is suitable for those who currently work with creating content online related to museum collections, whether engaging with social media or if you hold ambitions to add collections to your website or are working on a digitisation project with online audience engagement.
This session is designed for those with no or some understanding of rights management related to collections. It is not suitable for those who are confident with engaging audiences online and do this as part of their everyday work.