SW Museum Skills: Essentials
The 2018/19 SW Museum Skills: Essentials programme will run from September 2018 till March 2019.
***If you are having trouble booking using Internet Explorer please try an alternative browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox or call us on 0117 922 4653***
2018/19 Museum Skills: Essentials – Tranche 2
|An Introduction to Fundraising Strategies||Tuesday 15th January 2019||M Shed||COMPLETE|
|An Introduction to Fundraising Strategies||Wednesday 16th January 2019||Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre||COMPLETE|
|How to Manage a Museum Shop||Tuesday 22nd January 2019||Chippenham Museum||COMPLETE|
|Visitor and Customer Care for Volunteers||Thursday 24th January 2019||Wiltshire & Swindon History Centre||COMPLETE|
|Understanding Your Museum Audience||Tuesday 29th January 2019||Exeter Community Centre||COMPLETE|
|Review and Rationalisation||Tuesday 5th February 2019||Dorset History Centre||COMPLETE|
|Using Museum Collections Online||Thursday 7th February 2019||Cornwall’s Regimental Museum||COMPLETE|
|Spectrum 5||Tuesday 12th February 2019||Wheal Martyn Museum, Cornwall||COMPLETE|
|Charity Finance for Trustees||Tuesday 12th March 2019||Royal West of England Academy||COMPLETE|
|Security in the Museum||Wednesday 13th March 2019||Exeter Community Centre||COMPLETE|
2018/19 Museum Skills: Essentials – Tranche 1
|Kids in Museum Planning and Sharing Takeover Day||Friday 14th September 2018||Castle House, Museum of Somerset||COMPLETE|
|Spectrum 5||Monday 24th September 2018||Exeter Community Centre||COMPLETE|
|Recruitment and Retention of Volunteers||Wednesday 26th September 2018||Royal Albert Memorial Museum||COMPLETE|
|Digital Engagement in Galleries||Thursday 27th September 2018||Roman Baths||COMPLETE|
|Recruitment and Retention of Volunteers||Tuesday 9th October 2018||Museum of Somerset||COMPLETE|
|Using Museum Collections Online||Thursday 18th October 2018||The Wilson, Cheltenham||COMPLETE|
|Introduction to Collections Hazards||Tuesday 23rd October 2018||Cornwall’s Regimental Museum||COMPLETE|
|Introduction to Collections Hazards||Wednesday 24th October 2018||Exeter Community Centre||COMPLETE|
|Introduction to Collections Hazards||Thursday 25th October 2018||M Shed||COMPLETE|
|An Introduction to Collections Care||Tuesday 6th November 2018||Dorset History Centre||COMPLETE|
|Child Protection and Safeguarding in Museums||Tuesday 13th November 2018||Exeter Community Centre||COMPLETE|
|Understanding your Museum Audience||Thursday 15th November 2018||M Shed||COMPLETE|
|Spectrum 5||Friday 30th November 2018||The Salisbury Museum||COMPLETE|
SW Museum Skills: Essentials is delivered using public funding from Arts Council England . The programme aims to provide affordable, relevant and accessible skills development opportunities for those who work or volunteer in museums, galleries or heritage organisations within the Arts Council England Accreditation Scheme in the south west.
Since 2012, South West Museum Development have invested nearly £100,000 to support the region’s training needs. This roughly equates to the value of £65 per delegate place.
It is also supported by the contributions of rooms, resources, time and expertise from museums around the South West. The generosity shown by these organisations means that we are able to do more for the sector’s workforce.
Sessions are themed around three areas; Collections Care, Organisational Development and Audiences and Communities which broadly mirror the three sections of the Accreditation Standard.
SW Museum Skills is fully subsidised to everyone (paid staff, volunteer, trustee) who meets the following criteria:
- works within an south west Accredited museum or National Trust property, or
- works within a south west provisionally Accredited or formally working towards Accreditation organisation
- Is a non-Accredited site situated in a local authority area which financially contributes to South West Museum Development
Other individuals working in the sector can access the programme but will be charged a subsidy to attend.
- Bookings for SW Museum Skills: Essentials are via Eventbrite, an external booking site unless specified. Please click the link of the session and follow the booking instructions.
- When you book a place on SW Museum Skills: Essentials you will receive a booking confirmation from Eventbrite or the South West Museum Development Programme for training not booked through Eventbrite.
- You will be contacted a minimum of 2 weeks prior to the course date on the email address provided at the time of booking to notify you of the date your delegate pack will be issued. You may cancel your place free of charge between this email notification and the day before the date of issue of the delegate pack. If you cancel your place after the delegate pack has been issued your organisation will be issued a late cancellation fee of £50. Please see terms and Conditions below for further information.
- To ensure the training provided benefits as many organisations as possible, should more than 2 delegates per organisation book onto a course, you may be asked to relinquish your place should other organisations without delegates booked onto the course be on the Waiting List.
By booking a place on to SW Museum Skills: Essentials sessions, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- That you are either paid staff, volunteer or trustee who works within or with a South West Museum or heritage organisation which is in Arts Council England’s Accreditation Scheme. Where this is not applicable that you acknowledge that in order to attend you may be charged a subsidy.
- It is a condition of receiving the training provided without charge that the online evaluation sent to the email address provided at the point of booking is completed by the specified deadline in the email notification, unless a paper evaluation is specifically requested and submitted on the day of the training session.
- That by booking a place you agree that you are booking as a representative of your organisation and should you cancel you’re booking without sufficient notice (following the issue of the delegate pack) your organisation is responsible for paying the late cancellation fee of £50.
If you can no longer attend the training session which you have booked on please let us know by going back into your Eventbrite booking and cancelling or contact us at [email protected] as soon as possible.
The SW Museum Skills: Essentials Programme is a publicly funded and in order to make best use of these funds there is a cancellation fee of £50 to the organisation of the booked attendee should the booking be cancelled once the delegate information pack has been sent out 1 week prior to the date of the session.
Please contact us at [email protected]