Introduction to Kickstart – A Briefing Session
Thursday 6 May 2021
10:00 – 12:00
This session is led by Anthony Skates, Partnership Manager for Creative & Cultural Skills and Kate Reed, Head of Employability and Pathways for Real Ideas – 25 places available.
About the Session:
Kickstart is a Government response to the Covid emergency and is centered upon 6 month paid placements for young people age 16-24.
This session will explore:
- How the Kickstart programme is relevant to the museums sector
- What individual organisations need to consider in relation to recruiting young people for a Kickstart placement
- The management of Kickstart placements.
The session will be delivered by Creative and Cultural Skills and Real Ideas. Both are Gateway organisations delivering Kickstart and will bring examples of relevant and recent good practice from across the cultural sector. South West Museum Development will facilitate this session and provide information about specific support for south west museums taking part in Kickstart.
Who should attend?
- Trustees of museums that are considering a Kickstart placement
- Museum staff with a role relating to HR (Human Resources) and recruitment
- Museum staff with a management role
- Volunteer coordinators
- Staff with an interest in diversifying the workforce or in broadening engagement via placements