Mentoring in a crisis
Wednesday, 3rd March 2021 10:30 – 12:00
About the session:
This participatory session will explore the skills and approaches best used to support a museum weather the impact of an externally inflicted crisis, such as Covid-19 or an internally generated one, for example a breakdown in relations between two key players.
It will examine how to:
- Identify a crisis as a mentor
- Gain a majority acknowledgement for the need to address the crisis
- Achieve consensus and move forward
- Identify when additional help might be necessary and where to access it
- Support staff wellbeing in challenging times
Delegates will have the opportunity to book a 1:1 session with the South West Accreditation Adviser if they wish to discuss an issue in greater depth.
Who should attend?
The session is aimed at Accreditation Mentors, whether they currently mentor a museum or not. Sector professionals interested in becoming a mentor are also welcome, though priority will be given to existing mentors.