Creating video content for your museum
Communicating with your audience digitally is more important than ever. Creating good quality video content for your museum will not only help promote your organisation and the work you do, but enable you to tell the rich and unique stories of your collections.
We are seeking six museums with aspirations to create their own video content to participate in a three part online practical programme with a professional filmmaker in February 2021.
The programme will follow the three stages of production: pre-production, production and post-production and teach you how to produce engaging content with basic equipment. The programme won’t help you make blockbusters, but will help you produce engaging content that’s worth you and your viewers time. By the end of the programme you will have created your own short video on a subject matter of your choice for your museum.
- Participation in the programme is via an Expression of Interest process (details below)
- We are looking for 6 museums* to participate, with ideally 2 representatives per museum
- The programme will be delivered online via Zoom and participants must be able to attend all 3 sessions:
Wednesday 3 February 2021 – 9.30am – 12.00pm
Wednesday 10 February 2021 – 9.30am – 12.00pm
Wednesday 17 February 2021 – 9.30am – 12.00pm
- Participants will need to supply their own smart device such as phone or tablet or video camera (if you have one) and will need access to a computer or tablet to edit on.
- Participants agree to commit to producing a video as part of the programme and that the video produced can be used by South West Museum Development for promotional purposes.
- Participants agree to participate in a video case study once the programme as concluded.
- This programme is fully funded by South West Museum Development.
* Museums must be Accredited, Provisionally Accredited or formally Working Towards Accreditation and not in receipt of National Portfolio Organisation funds and based in the south west ONS region.
How do I submit an Expression of Interest?
Please download and complete our short Expression of Interest form:
Please return it to us by email to [email protected] by Friday 11 December 2020.
Expressions of Interests submitted after this date will not be considered.
When will I find out if my museum has been successful?
The named contact on your Expression of Interest form will be contacted by Friday 18 December 2020 with regards to the outcome of your submission.
Where can I find out more information?
Get in touch at [email protected] with your question(s) and we will get back to you.