We have a dedicated team who collect, analyse and publish regional museum data-sets
The purpose of the survey is to gather evidence to help demonstrate and prove the social and economic importance of museums both locally and regionally to funders and stakeholders.
The survey asks museums and heritage organisations across the region to provide core statistical data about their visitors, educational engagement, volunteers, staff and financial operations. In 2017-2018 just under 60% of all Accredited museums in England responded and fed into the national dataset.
Key findings from the participating museums in England 2017-18:
- Generated over 155 Million in earned income
- 3 Million of income from retail operations
- Volunteer time was worth £21.4 million to museums across the regions
What’s in it for museums?
- Advocacy – evidence to make the case for your social and economic value in order to sustain investment
- Performance bench marking – consistent data to compare your museum’s operational context
- Informing strategy – knowing your operational context will support your business planning
- Fundraising – the data can be used as evidence to support funding applications or to express your value with the public
If you would like to find out more and receive any of the reports please get in touch
View our work with West Midlands Museum Development