See below for our latest vacancies:
Please subscribe to our newsletter for the latest updates.
Freelance Project Filmmaker - Rebuilding the Foundations: Gloucestershire's Museums
Freelance contract for NLHF Rebuilding the Foundations: Gloucestershire’s Museums
- Contract Value: £2500 inclusive of all expenses and excluding Valued Added Tax (VAT)
- Contract Duration: September 2021 – mid-March 2022
- Contract Management: South West Museum Development, Bristol Cultural and Creative
Industries, Bristol City Council
- Reporting To: The project team (lead contact: Anna Bryant, Project and Partnerships Coordinator)
- Deadline: 5pm on Wednesday 11th August.
Rebuilding the Foundations: Gloucestershire’s Museums focuses on securing a future for museums that is engaged, relevant and sustainable. It is a development journey for ten participant museums to critically examine and improve their approaches to audience development and volunteer involvement.
This tender is for a freelance filmmaker to record elements of this NLHF-funded project as a legacy resource for sharing learning and impact.The project page for Rebuilding the Foundations: Gloucestershire’s Museums provides a full overview of the project. We advise tenderers to read the project website page and information before applying.
Application Process and Fee
The contract is for 7 months from September 2021. The fee, including travel and expenses (excluding VAT), is £2,500. The appointed contractor is responsible for paying their own income tax and National Insurance contributions.
Proposals are invited from individuals or consultancies with:
- A proven track record of professional filmmaking for sharing learning and impact
- A proven track record of interviewing a range of people on film
- A minimum of two examples of work of a similar scale
- Experience of filmmaking in a cultural heritage environment
- Ability to shape questions for interviewing that elicit the best response
How to Apply
Tenderers should submit a fully costed proposal by email FAO Rebuilding the Foundations Project Team, at [email protected] no later than 5pm on Wednesday 11th August.
Proposals should include:
- Evidence of relevant experience
- An outline of your proposed approach to this commission (max. 1000 words)
- A full fee breakdown including day rates of all personnel involved, travel and other expenses
- Evidence of Professional Indemnity and Public Liability insurance up to £1m
We will shortlist against the published criteria by 5pm on Friday 13th August, interview between 16th and 19th August or 23rd August (TBC) and all applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application on Monday 23rd August.
An initial one hour online meeting between the project team and the appointed filmmaker is currently scheduled for Monday September 6th (time TBC within 11am – 3pm).
We welcome any pre-response conversations that help you respond to the brief. Please contact the Project Team at [email protected]